Tekken
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A text-based role playing game based on the Tekken series.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules of Role Play

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jin Kazama
Admin - Beginner
Jin Kazama

Rules of Role Play Empty
PostSubject: Rules of Role Play   Rules of Role Play EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 10:37 am

Rules and Regulations
Rules of Role Play

- - - - - - - - - -

No God-Modding
God-Modding is, in simple terms, over-powering your character to make it unfair for other players. No one’s character is invincible and can all be hurt. Equally, your character is not supremely powerful and can not knock-out other players in a single hit. Just try to be reasonable. We’re not here to win at everything, but to have fun. Don’t ruin it for others.

Meta-Gaming
This is when you use out-of-character information to help you within an RP. Your character doesn’t know everything that you know. For example, just because you have read on my character profile that Jin is a Devil, that doesn’t mean that your character knows this information too.

Auto-Hitting
If you are in a combat orientated RP against another player, you may not automatically hit another player without them having a chance to react. To make an attack, state the attack and then allow the other player to determine the outcome. From there, the other player may block, dodge or get hit. A reasonable evasion or defence is needed, if not, then the attack is a hit. Basically, the best way to hit someone is to get them into a circumstance in which there is no reasonable explanation for their defence.

Character Control
During an RP, you may only control your own character, or NPCs that you have brought into the Topic. You may control other player’s NPCs with permission. However, you may not control any other player’s character at any time. You are not permitted to state any kind of action of the other player’s character. This is a simple rule to sustain fairness.

Description
Although there are no specific rules on how much you write per post, I ask that you add as much description and detail as you can while keeping to the point. I can’t expect any more than your best, but make sure not to write posts that are only a couple of lines in length. To be fair, at least a paragraph is expected. If you have trouble writing descriptive posts and are willing to learn, feel free to PM me and I’ll be glad to help out.
Back to top Go down
https://tekkenrpg.board-directory.net

Rules of Role Play
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tekken :: Welcome :: Information :: - Rules and Regulations-
Jump to: